Brand new for 2017 red plastic mulch.
We tried it last year and had amazing results! Grow bigger and better strawberries/Pineberries/Framberries, keep your fruit in better condition, weed control and pest control in one easy to use product. Look what James Wong has to say about it http://www.jameswong.co.uk/strawberries/4588105988
Red Plastic Mulch is more commonly used on tomatoes, but can be used on all our fruits to prompt better growth, large fruit and a sweeter taste. According to research and our own trials, when strawberries are grown on red mulch they have higher yields, stronger plants and ripen earlier.
Our own trials showed a 20% higher yield when using with red plastic mulch than with black or straw and soil. Red mulch reflects intensified red light to the developing plants which increases their photosynthetic capacity. Easy to install and durable - under normal conditions this should last two - four seasons (subject to use and weather)
Advantages of using Red Mulch:
- Soil warming - allows your plants to be planed earlier
- Weed control.
- Reduction of soil moisture evaporation.
- Improved crops
- Easy to install and durable - under normal conditions this should last two - four seasons (subject to use and weather)
As well as strawberries this Red Plastic Mulch can be used for:
- Vegetables - tomatoes, peppers, chillis, melons, onions, potatoes & eggplant
- Cut Flowers
How to use:
- Prepare soil well. It should be smooth and pliable with as many sharp objects removed as possible.
- Plastic should be in close contact with the soil for maximum heat transfer into the soil.
- Be sure the edges of the plastic are well secured with soil or ground pegs
All our products are safely packaged using quality packaging